I often need to submit some query jobs in a batch subsystem to decrease the processor overload. I write a CL program (QRYCL) to call some query and submit it by command:
SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(MYLIB/QRYCL)) JOBQ(*LIBL/QBATCH)
I use QBATCH subsystem because I usual work on some iSeries sides with different environments. Only this batch subsystem presents on all machines. But QBATCH was configured using only one active job. Sometimes QBATCH job queue has some user submitted jobs. If you do not have free time to wait, you can try to make your job as active. You should perform these steps:
1. To see all submitted jobs run WRKJOBQ QBATCH
2. Hold them with option "3"
3. Run command to change maximum active jobs value
CHGJOBQE SBSD(QBATCH) JOBQ(QBATCH) MAXACT(2)
4. On the screen WRKJOBQ QBATCH use option "6" to release only your job
5. After your job disappeared from the screen start CHGJOBQE SBSD(QBATCH) JOBQ(QBATCH) MAXACT(1) to make default values.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC
The Best Web Links: Tips, tutorials and more.
Ask your systems management questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
Read this Search400 Featured Topic: Managing your iSeries.