As a registered member of Search400.com, you're entitled to a complimentary copy of Chapter 12 of IBM i5/iSeries Primer, Fourth Edition written by Ted Holt, Kevin Forsythe, Doug Pence, Ron Hawkins and published by MC Press. This chapter, " iSeries Access on i5," will help you to learn the core i5/iSeries concepts and it shows you step by step how to perform a wide variety of essential functions.
This comprehensive book is the ultimate resource and a "must-have" for every professional working with the i5/iSeries. It is perfect for novice and intermediate programmers as well as for system administrators and operators. In simple, straightforward style, the authors explain core i5/iSeries concepts and show you step by step how to perform a wide variety of essential functions.
The book includes sections on installation, operations, administration, system architecture, programming, the Internet, and troubleshooting. These sections are organized in free-standing style so you don't have to read the book from cover to cover or even sequentially; you can reference the chapters that interest you most, skip some, and jump back and forth as needed. It even contains a helpful glossary to act as a fast reference for all the terms you need to know.
With IBM i5/iSeries Primer, Fourth Edition you will:
- Learn how to install an i5 server
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of i5/iSeries operations
- Understand libraries, objects, library lists, and everything you need to know about files
- Be able to configure a system
- Explore programming basics, including how to use utilities, journaling, and commitment control
- Discover what to do in case of trouble, how to request help from IBM, how to report problems, and how to manage PTFs
>> After you've read the chapter, test yourself to see how much you know.
>> Want to learn more about IBM i5/iSeries Primer, Fourth Edition? Buy the book from MC Press.