According to the creation or recreation the Electronic Customer Support (ECS) configuration (lines, controllers...
and devices), which are necessary to run services such as Service Director and PTF downloading. Here's a step-by-guide to perform this operation without IBM's engineer assistance.
1. Delete the following configuration objects (if exist):
a) Line descriptions
b) Controller descriptions
c) Device descriptions
2. Call a program QTIINSTL, which creates necessary configuration objects.
3. In a QESLINE line description enter a proper communication resource in RSRCNAME parameter (you can one find by using DSPHDWRSC *CMN command string, then look for resource name the ECS modem is connected to). It is also recommended to change LINESPEED default value 2400 to 9600 (it will increase communication speed).
CMN42 value in RSRCNAME is an example in this case.
4. Call QESPHONE program to enter the ECS's Center telephone numbers -- you can obtain ones from your local IBM service provider. Those numbers are stored in QUSRSYSQESTELE *DTAARA, so you can simply view or modify them using *DTAARA commands.
5. To verify that ECS service runs correctly, you can send a test request.
The following message listing means a correct ECS configuration.
Vary on completed for line QESLINE.
Vary on completed for controller QESCTL.
Vary on completed for device QESPAP.
Test request complete.
Vary off completed for device QESPAP.
Vary off completed for controller QESCTL.
Vary off completed for line QESLINE.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC
The Best Web Links: Tips, tutorials and more.
Ask your systems management questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
Read this Search400 Featured Topic: Managing your iSeries.
Ask the Experts yourself: Our systems management gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.