It's simple to create source code from the Internet or other resources by using copy and paste.
Just follow these steps:
1. Copy the source from the resource, then paste it to Word pad and save them to your PC.
2. By FTP send your source document to your library on your iSeries 400.
3. Sign on to your iSeries and find your document (your document will be as an Physical file).
4. By using CPYF (Copyfile) and then F4 fill the mandatory option (FROMFILE, TOFILE, FROMMBR, TOMBR,...etc ) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS "Record format field mapping (on the 5'th page)" should be *CVTSRC.
5. Finally go to your source library and find your source member and select type of your source (RPG, CL, DSPF, PRTF ...etc.) and then you just compile that source.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC
The Best Web Links: tips, tutorials and more.
Ask your programming questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
Ask the Experts yourself: Our application development gurus are waiting to answer your programming questions.