Increasing its position as a worldwide leader in infrastructure software, Lakeview Technology Inc., announced its acquisition of the assets of H.A. Technical Solutions, LLC (HATS), a developer of Clustering and Disaster Recovery software for Linux and UNIX operating environments. As a result of the acquisition, Lakeview's expanded information availability solutions offer customers a single vendor of choice when running applications on OS/400, Windows, UNIX or Linux operating systems.
"This acquisition brings Lakeview proven technology and products with an installed customer base and an international partner channel," said Bill Merchantz, CEO and President of Lakeview. "This strategic acquisition fills in important parts of our MIMIX Division product roadmap for delivering High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Clustering solutions across operating environments."
HATS (www.tech-sol.com) was founded in 1995. This acquisition gives Lakeview additional software products such as the following:
- H.A. Clusters -- HATS' flagship product for High Availability Clustering software on Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- H.A. EchoStream -- File replication software for Disaster Recovery and Downtime Prevention on Linux, UNIX and Microsoft Windows.
- H.A. EchoStream 2 -– Database replication software for Disaster Recovery or Downtime prevention on any relational database.
- H.A. Fulcrum -- Processor load balancing software for Cluster maximization on any hardware platform.
Customers for the HATS products acquired by Lakeview include the following:
- France Telecom eBusiness, a large Internet service provider, receives about 10 million hits per day on its network. They use HATS software to ensure high availability for its Internet customers.
- Ericsson Messaging uses HATS software for its cellular messaging systems to guarantee that if a server fails, the software will recover operations in no more than four seconds. These systems are installed worldwide.
- Samsung manufactures G3 base stations and uses HATS software to provide high availability for the G3 cell sites, which are used in South Korea by Korean Telecom and in the United States by independent telcos to offer cell phone service.
- The Washington Times newspaper uses HATS software to ensure that its main mission-critical server is never down for more than 1.5 minutes. The system consists of two Sun 450 servers and a 1.5 terabyte fiber-channel disk array.
About Lakeview Technology Inc.
Lakeview Technology is a leader in infrastructure software and services, specializing in High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Clustering and Data Replication. Lakeview's solutions enhance the customer's information enterprise by making business information highly available and accessible to decision makers. By supporting any application in OS/400, Windows, UNIX and Linux operating environments, Lakeview offers customers a single vendor of choice who can simplify the complexity of the IT infrastructure and deliver high ROI within 12 months.
Companies around the world have trusted their information to Lakeview Technology's MIMIX and OmniReplicatortm software for over a decade. Customers range from Fortune 100 to medium and small businesses across all industries. Headquartered near Chicago, Lakeview serves customers from offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia and through an extensive partner network. For more information, please visit www.lakeviewtech.com or call 630-282-8100.