LANSA announced a new program that provides a head start for companies to embark on development projects. Known as CodeStart, this program enables a company to purchase source code modules and components for rapid customization and implementation of applications pre-fabricated using the LANSA technology. These applications and modules then serve as a framework for new projects and may reduce a company's custom development efforts by 50 percent or more. The CodeStart modules became available on Oct. 27.
Constructed to take advantage of the LANSA technology, CodeStart modules are offered as a component of a LANSA Services engagement to perform gap analysis and provide implementation services. LANSA Services offers these modules on an "as-is" basis via a special Limited License Agreement with no ongoing maintenance fees or software upgrades for the application components. Each of these application frameworks may be extended to take advantage of LANSA's capabilities for cross-platform deployment, multiple user interfaces and dynamic transactions.
With the initial roll out, LANSA has nine offerings in the CodeStart program:
- ERP Financial Framework: General Ledger, A/R, A/P, Cash Management, Currency Translation
- ERP Distribution Framework: Order Entry, Customer Quotes, Inventory Management, Shipping, Billing, Purchasing, Kitting, Cost Accounting, Sales Analysis .
- ERP Manufacturing Framework: Production Data Management, Production Control, Master Production Scheduling, Material Planning, Forecasting
- Buy Side Direct: Advanced templates and transactions for B2B Automation services between suppliers and their customers
- EDI Mapping Tool: Extends the LANSA Integrator EDI parsing capabilities with a visual interface and function generation for Trading Partner Management, Template Management, Integration Mapping, Communication and Transmission Management
- Incident Reporting System: Used by LANSA Technical Support to report and monitor calls; these modules may also be easily retrofitted for Help Desk support.
- Project and Resource Management System: Used by the LANSA Services organization to manage projects and resources
- Service for Dynamic PDF Generation: Dynamic generation of PDF for Web applications and form generation
- PGP Encryption Service: A powerful data encryption solution, using the OpenPGP open source classes from Cryptix, which provides secure exchange of transactions over the Internet
Eden Watt, LANSA's vice president of professional services, is excited about the new offering. "This provides us with even more advanced tools and components to rapidly implement leading-edge, highly maintainable and extensible application solutions for our clients. The CodeStart offerings range from Java Services, which extend the LANSA Integrator technology, to full ERP application modules that may be implemented in record time or customized to fit a client's unique requirements. Stay tuned, as the LANSA CodeStart application framework base will extend rapidly over the coming months."
LANSA is a software company that helps customers enhance their business performance through the effective use of leading-edge technologies, services and solutions. LANSA's products provide offerings in the areas of application development, e-business solutions, technology integration and data access. LANSA has evolved into a powerful family of products and solutions that support IBM iSeries, AS/400, Windows, UNIX and Linux platforms. Founded in 1987, LANSA has over 6,700 installations in more than 67 countries including e-business solutions for world-leading companies like Visa, General Electric Appliances, Hershey Foods and Dean Foods. For more information visit www.lansa.com.