January 2003 [ Go back to The Month in Review main page ]
It was a busy month with lots of news from IBM and nearly 30 tips submitted by members. Didn't catch it all? We have everything right here. Take a look.
Receive this great content right in your inbox. Simply Edit Your Profile to subscribe to as much -- or as little -- as you wish.
Code a two-dimensional array easily (Jan. 2, 2003)
Cut and paste RPG code from PC files (Jan. 6, 2003)
Show level checks between libraries (Jan. 7, 2003)
Get a report of large files and total records in a library (Jan. 9, 2003)
Database relations (Jan. 9, 2003)
Yet another SQL program (Jan. 9, 2003)
Add column headings to a CSV file (Jan. 10, 2003)
Working with the ANZKEYF command (Jan. 10, 2003)
Use SQL to SELECT data directly to a CSV file (Jan. 14, 2003)
Database relations and file usage (Jan. 14, 2003)
Copy a file to CSV, with column headings (Jan. 14, 2003)
Better tests for function keys in RPG (Jan. 14, 2003)
Automatically rebuild logical files (Jan. 14, 2003)
Create from the source (Jan. 15, 2003)
Take command of your commands (Jan. 15, 2003)
iSeries' match to CLRSCR function in C language (Jan. 21, 2003)
Let e-RPG do the talking (Jan. 22, 2003)
Retrieve date of birth given age in CLP (Jan. 23, 2003)
Find error messages for a CL command (Jan. 23, 2003)
Finding data in multi-member file (Jan. 24, 2003)
SQL: One SELECT for one or several row, same WHERE (Jan. 30, 2003)
Getting command line on SysReq-3 -- revisited (Jan. 30, 2003)
Power of MONITOR Opcode (Jan. 30, 2003)
Abbreviated commands save precious time (Jan. 8, 2003)
Who ended the subsystem? (Jan. 9, 2003)
Avoid having to create a new version file (Jan. 9, 2003)
Are you saving everything? (Jan. 14, 2003)
Prolonged IPLs (Jan. 14, 2003)
User options vs. commands (Jan. 14, 2003)
Put dynamic text on your iSeries sign-on screen (Jan. 15, 2003)
Digging deeper into DB2 UDB (Jan. 20, 2003)
Easily convert spool files into PDFs (Jan. 21, 2003)
Use the CHGQRYA command to help lessen interactive workloads (Jan. 22, 2003)
Sort your TCP/IP host table entries by host name (Jan. 24, 2003)
Twinax workstation over fibre/cat5 LAN (Jan. 30, 2003)
Secure printed output (Jan. 14, 2003)
End of a year, start of a new era (Jan. 9, 2003)
Don't forget to check out these other great Search400.com resources:
- Looking for free research? Brows our comprehensive White Papers by topic, author or keyword.
- Looking for more tech tips? Check out our complete indexes of Programmer Tips, Administrator Tips, WebSphere Strategies Tips and Security Tips.
- Submit a tech tip of your own and become eligible to win a cool prize in our Tip of the Month contest.
- Visit out huge Best Web Links for the iSeries for the freshest editor-selected resources.
- Ask our experts your questions on application development, OS/400, backup and recovery, security and more.
- Couldn't attend one of our Webcasts? Don't miss our. Visit our archive to watch at your convenience.
- Discuss these articles, voice your opinion or talk with your peers in the Search400.com .tQFHaVaCqEa.0@/search400>Discussion Forums.