What controls whether Network Neighborhood displays the AS/400's folders (such as QSYS.LIB, Notes, QIBM, QDLS, etc.)? I can view the folders, but have another user requiring such access and can't recall how to grant such access.
I'm assuming you use the AS/400 NetServer in order to view AS/400 in network neighborhood (not Client Access).
In order to see the AS/400 in network neighborhood using NetServer one should:
1. Verify that the NetServer is up and running (STRTCPSVR *NETSVR ).
2. Configure what directories are to be shared and how (read only or readwrite). This is done from the operation navigator software.
3. Configure access for "normal" user. That is -- do not allow guest access.
4. Give the user authority to the specified directory (if you do not have authority for qdls then you will not see folders).
5. If access to folders is required you should add the requesting user to the directory entry using WRKDIRE.
Dig Deeper on Remote Access to iSeries
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.