Your current solution is the following,
- Spool sent to output queue
- Output queue is connected to emulation printer session.
- The printer session is defined to use generic text driver.
- When the spool arrives the generic text driver ask for the file name.
- Download SPL2STMF (freeware) and install it.
- After the report is completed copy the spool to a directory in the IFS (So you can set the required name for the file).
- The report is now available to the PC user (Although it is on the iSeries).
Dig Deeper on Integrated File System (IFS)
Related Q&A from Shahar Mor
Use work station customize object or printer type in iSeries Access to print the output of an RPG file from the AS/400 to an HP printer. Continue Reading
On the AS/400 library, source files are multi-member. View source files using GET QCLSRC.membername or MGET QRPGSRC.* Continue Reading
What to do when an application is published in IFS from Win2k3 server, and users are unable to access the shared folder on AS/400. Continue Reading