Your current solution is the following,
- Spool sent to output queue
- Output queue is connected to emulation printer session.
- The printer session is defined to use generic text driver.
- When the spool arrives the generic text driver ask for the file name.
- Download SPL2STMF (freeware) and install it.
- After the report is completed copy the spool to a directory in the IFS (So you can set the required name for the file).
- The report is now available to the PC user (Although it is on the iSeries).
Dig Deeper on Integrated File System (IFS)
Related Q&A from Shahar Mor
Use work station customize object or printer type in iSeries Access to print the output of an RPG file from the AS/400 to an HP printer. Continue Reading
Connecting the iSeries in AS/400, issue STRHOSTSVR *ALL. Make sure the as-signon port is in listen state and check the firewall settings. Continue Reading
Searching for the right API to add users to an EIM SSO implementation? The IBM site includes sample APIs based on C. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.