For both iSeries newbies and seasoned professionals, the challenge of learning the ins and outs of the iSeries can be extremely overwhelming. With this in mind, we've developed a guide to provide you with some basic iSeries information and helpful resources. Let's just consider this guide your 12-step program to iSeries smarts. Do yourself a huge favor -– bookmark this page and visit often.
Let us know if you find this guide helpful. Have a hot topic you'd like to see a user guide on? Let us know, we'll do our best to provide you with it.
Answers to basic questions
- iSeries time line
- What is an iSeries?
- Where can I find iSeries books for beginners?
- iSeries vs. mainframes -- Give me the lowdown!
- Search400.com's Best Web Links on e-learning
- WebSphere Product Overview
- IBM WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400: An Introduction
- Get started building Java Web apps in WDSC
- IBM iSeries and AS/400e System Builder: OS/400 V5R2
- AS/400 Applications: A Fast and Easy Way to Install, Set Up and Work with VRPG and CODE/400
- Search400.com's Best Web Links on education
- Free iSeries Learning Guides
- COBOL programming - tutorials, lectures, exercises, examples
- Free Java tutorials
iSeries industry gurus
- Richard J. Belles: Systems management
- John Blenkinsop: Application development, systems management
- Glen H. Bunnell: Systems management
- Ken Graap: OS/400, backup and recovery
- Paul Holm: WebSphere, Java, and DB2
- Scott Ingvaldson: Systems management
- Jim Mason: Web development
- Shahar Mor: PC/Windows connectivity
- Carol Woodbury: security