When installing DB2 UDB V7 on non-English versions of Windows NT/2000 (and probably also XP), a problem could...
When the setup is started automatically after inserting the DB2 CD, a message pops up with the warning "The logging process from a dll can not be started. Some error messages can be lost."
After clicking OK, several other annoying popup windows are displayed with messages like "'TITLE_CAPTION' entry not found in the string table," "'TITLE_RTClient' entry not found in the string table," etc. After many messages like this, the install finally stops.
This only occurs on systems where the 'system locale' isn't English. It can be solved in (at least) two different ways:
1. Change the system locale to EN (and don't forget to change it back afterwards) or;
2. Start the setup program manually, specifying the option '/I EN'
This problem could also arise when installing a fixpack on the same system.
For More Information
- Feedback: E-mail the editor with your thoughts about this tip.
- More tips: Dozens of free DB2 tips and scripts.
- Tip contest: Have a DB2 tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize -- submit your tip today!
- Ask the Experts: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, relational model, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
- Forums: Ask your technical DB2 questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our active forums.
- Best Web Links: DB2 tips, tutorials, and scripts from around the Web.