If your trying to optimize your system, the following parameters are related and can be set to a maximum of 1.7...
UTIL_HEAP_SZ, BACKBUFSZ, RESTBUFSZ, PCKCVACHESZ, BUFFPAGE, LOCKLIST, SORT_HEAP, DBHEAP, LOGBUFSZ, CATALOGCACHE_SZ.
Remember, if they are set as 4k pages, you need to mulitply the value you have assigned to them. You can track how much you need to assign to each one by doing a snapshot on the entire database. This should help in memory managment.
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best IBM DB2 Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a DB2 tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical DB2 questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our DB2 gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.