As a registered member of SearchDatabase.com, you're entitled to a complimentary copy of Chapter 1 from JDBC: Database...
Programming with J2EE written by Art Taylor and published by Prentice Hall PTR. This chapter focuses on JDBC design, how Java works with relational databases, the JDBC API and more.
JDBC gives Java developers the power to database-enable virtually any application, on virtually any platform, using virtually any database. In this book, leading JDBC expert Art Taylor combines an expert JDBC tutorial and a definitive API reference that provides thorough and detailed coverage of the new JDBC 3.0 standard. Taylor brings together code examples, design patterns, and expert programming techniques for J2EE programming. Code examples include Web development, GUI programming with Swing, servlets, JSPs, EJBs, and RMI.
- Web database development capabilities leveraging JavaServer Pages and servlets
- Database access using Enterprise JavaBeans components
- Creating a GUI-based database browser using Swing
- JDBC 3.0 support for scrollable cursors, batch updates, and connection pooling
- DataSource lookup using JNDI
- Using Blobs with JDBC
- Dynamic SQL using JDBC database metadata
About the publisher
As the world's leading publisher of academic and reference textbooks, Prentice Hall is committed to providing the most innovative, flexible, and powerful educational materials available today. Visit them at http://vig.prenhall.com/.