As a registered member of Search400.com, you're entitled to a complimentary copy of Chapter 12 of IBM i5/iSeries Primer, Fourth Edition written by Ted Holt, Kevin Forsythe, Doug Pence, Ron Hawkins and published by MC Press. This chapter, "iSeries Access on i5," will help you to learn the core i5/iSeries concepts and it shows you step by step how to perform a wide variety of essential functions.
This comprehensive book is the ultimate resource and a "must-have" for every professional working with the i5/iSeries. It is perfect for novice and intermediate programmers as well as for system administrators and operators. In simple, straightforward style, the authors explain core i5/iSeries concepts and show you step by step how to perform a wide variety of essential functions.
The book includes sections on installation, operations, administration, system architecture, programming, the Internet, and troubleshooting. These sections are organized in free-standing style so you don't have to read the book from cover to cover or even sequentially; you can reference the chapters that interest you most, skip some, and jump back and forth as needed. It even contains a helpful glossary to act as a fast reference for all the terms you need to know.
With IBM i5/iSeries Primer, Fourth Edition you will:
- Learn how to install an i5 server
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of i5/iSeries operations
- Understand libraries, objects, library lists, and everything you need to know about files
- Be able to configure a system
- Explore programming basics, including how to use utilities, journaling, and commitment control
- Discover what to do in case of trouble, how to request help from IBM, how to report problems, and how to manage PTFs
>> After you've read the chapter, test yourself to see how much you know.
>> Want to learn more about IBM i5/iSeries Primer, Fourth Edition? Buy the book from MC Press.
This was first published in May 2006