If you create a new 4k bufferpool with about 10000 pages, you can then assign it to the tablespace syscatspace....
This will increase the performance of your system. It will no longer need to ready you system catalog from DISK each time. Also, since it's in its own bufferpool, the data will always be in memory. You may need to change the pages size, and check the buffer pool hit ratio as needed.
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best IBM DB2 Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a DB2 tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical DB2 questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our DB2 gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.