As a registered member of Search400.com, you're entitled to a complimentary copy of Chapter 1 of AS/400: System,...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Utilities, Database, and Programming, 2/e written by George Lin and Gayla Stewart and published by Prentice Hall PTR.
AS/400: System, Utilities, Database, and Programming, 2/e is a single source for many of your AS/400 needs. Topics covered include Java, TCP/IP network, Internet and Web with the AS/400, Internet security and firewalls for AS/400, HTTP server, Lotus Notes and Domino for AS/400, SAP on the AS/400, and ILE.
Click here to read the first chapter now.
The book is broken down into six segments:
- System: includes system overview, major characteristics of AS/400, AS/400e series, Java integration, Operating System, Control Language (CL), Work Management and Job Processing, Storage Management, System Security, Backup/Recoveries, Object Orientation, and using Libraries and Library Lists.
- Utilities: includes utilities used by most AS/400 professionals: PDM, SEU, DFU, and SDA.
- Database: includes Relational Database concepts, DB2/400, and DDS (Data Description Specification).
- Programming: includes ILE, Java, SGL, CL Programming, RPG/400, COBOL/400, and Query.
- Client/Server, Networking, and Internet: includes Clients/Server concepts, TCP/IP network, Internet and Web with the AS/400, Internet security and firewalls for AS/400, HTTP server, groupware, Lotus Notes, and Domino for AS/400, SAP on the AS/400, and a tutorial for using Client Access.
- Project: presents step-by-step instructions that guide readers through the development of application projects using various utilities, database examples, query, and CL commands.
If you would like to buy the book, you may do so in our online bookstore.