Search400.com expert Ken Graap shares this tip on how to trace a job.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
1. Do a HLDJOBQ for the job that you are using when running the job is running under.
2. Submit the job immediately.
3. Find the job and get the 3 part job name.
4. Do an STRSRVJOB and use the 3 part job name .
5. Run a TRCJOB *on max(16000)
6. Do a RLSJOBQ
7. Do a TRCJOB *off
9. Get the spool files and take a look.