So you think you know how RPG IV and how to organize your programs? We challenge you to test your skills by taking...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
our latest quiz. Share the results with us and get a chance to win a copy of The Modern RPG IV Language, Third Edition by Bob Cozzi, courtesy of MC Press.
All answers to this quiz are found in the free excerpt. Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how well you did to participate in our book giveaway. Note: The prize drawing is random; your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
1. Under a flat-file system, where is the source code contained?
a. In source file members
b. In database files
c. In the source file
d. In a module
2. What parameter identifies the source file and the location of the source file in the IFS?
3. Variables declared within the mainline procedure are called what?
a. Global variables
b. Local variables
c. Outside variables
d. Worldly variables
4. Source files that contain only subprocedures are not permitted to contain data definitions outside the scope of any of the subprocedures.
5. What is the compiler command for a traditional, single-source file (all in one) RPG program?
6. When compiling a single-source file using embedded subprocedures, typically what activation group is specified?
d. No activation group needed
7. What is the compiler code for a source file that uses zero or more embedded subprocedures and one or more external subprocedures?
8. Static storage is part of the program's memory that is retained for the duration of the program's or procedure's runtime.
9. The module that contains the variable definition and storage is the one that contains the EXPORT keyword.
10. What must you do to subprocedure names in order to access them from other modules?
a. Import them
b. Export them
c. Declare them