So you think you know how to run Qshell? We challenge you to test your skills by taking our latest quiz. Share the results with us and get a chance to win a copy of Qshell for the iSeries by Ted Holt and Fred A. Kulack, courtesy of MC Press.
All answers to this quiz are found in the free excerpt. Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how well you did to participate in our book giveaway. Note: The prize drawing is random; your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
1. What happens if you start Qshell in an interactive job and do not put a Qshell command in the CMD parameter?
a. Qshell prompts you to enter the Qshell command
b. You must restart Qshell
c. Qshell opens an interactive terminal session
2. Qshell uses four prompt characters. What is the default value for PS4?
3. What does the rm command do?
a. Removes directory entries
b. Tells Qshell to display a list of files that meet certain criteria
c. Refreshes output
4. You can directly execute CL commands from the Qshell command line.
5. The F14 function key active in the Qshell is called what?
a. Toggle line wrap
b. Retrieve a previous command
c. Toggle line wrap
d. Adjust command line length
6. What's the maximum length for a Qshell command in the CMD parameter of the STRQSH command?
7. As of V5R2, you may use the QIBM_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT environment variable to control the destination of Qshell output. What happens if you use the File=name value?
a. The output is discarded
b. The output is directed to a C runtime terminal session
c. The output is directed to the file in name
d. The output is appended to the file in name
8. When a user starts an interactive Qshell session, he is actually running two jobs.
9. Qshell terminates each line of output with what?
a. A hexadecimal-25 character
b. A hexadecimal-26 character
c. A hexadecimal-27 character
d. A hexadecimal-28 character
10. Under V5R2, Qshell's ps command does what?
a. Speeds up a process
b. Displays information about processes
c. Ends a process