By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
April 2003 [ Go back to The Month in Review main page ]
April. The month known for the prankster's holiday -- April Fool's Day. Stories say the holiday got its start after the reform of the calendar in 1582 when the Gregorian Calendar was introduced. It was then that New Year's Day was switched from April 1 to Jan. 1. But because it took years for people to get the news -- and some simply refused to accept the change -- not everyone was up to speed on the new calendar. Those backwards people were labeled fools and were the butt of jokes. Those antics evolved over time into the tradition of one day of pranks.
Don't be labeled a fool. Get up to speed with all of Search400.com's news, tips and webcasts from April.
Receive this great content right in your inbox. Simply Edit Your Profile to subscribe to as much -- or as little -- as you wish.
Disk storage and high availability in the iSeries enterprise
Speaker: Steven Finnes, iSeries large enterprise and high availability segment manager, IBM
Download slides from presentation
Audit file changes done by a program (April 4, 2003)
Working with APIs and user spaces (April 7, 2003)
Disable all constraints in a library (April 11, 2003)
Format 5250 screens into Microsoft Word (April 16, 2003)
Delivering report via FTP (April 17, 2003)
Easy identification: Stamp objects with text (April 21, 2003)
Add notes/comments to FTP output logs (April 25, 2003)
Check object existence using IFS API (April 30, 2003)
A quick and easy way to display documents on your iSeries (April 2, 2003)
Restarting QINTER over network (April 4, 2003)
Weekly unattended backup program (April 8, 2003)
Hidden feature of WRKACTJOB display exposed (April 10, 2003)
Print spooled files on another system (April 11, 2003)
Understanding and taking advantage of the IFS (April 14, 2003)
Ten things to remember when using the IFS (April 14, 2003)
Easy IFS object/directory size report (April 21, 2003)
Easily move a PC object from one PC to another (April 25, 2003)
Are your backups complete? (April 8, 2003)
How to update iSeries databases using JDBC, SQL (April 3, 2003)
Don't forget to check out these other great Search400.com resources:
- Looking for free research? Brows our comprehensive White Papers by topic, author or keyword.
- Looking for more tech tips? Check out our complete indexes of Programmer Tips, Administrator Tips, WebSphere Strategies Tips and Security Tips.
- Submit a tech tip of your own and become eligible to win a cool prize in our Tip of the Month contest.
- Visit out huge Best Web Links for the iSeries for the freshest editor-selected resources.
- Ask our experts your questions on application development, OS/400, backup and recovery, security and more.
- Couldn't attend one of our webcasts? Don't miss our. Visit our archive to watch at your convenience.
- Discuss these articles, voice your opinion or talk with your peers in the Search400.com .tQFHaVaCqEa.0@/search400>Discussion Forums.