About the author: Kenneth Graap has worked in the IBM S/38 -- AS/400 -- System i arena since 1984. His most recent position is that of senior IBM System i administrator at Northwest Natural in Portland, Ore. He has extensive experience in all aspects of System i management. That includes proactive performance tuning, system software upgrades and maintenance, hardware upgrade planning, backup/recovery procedures and system security configuration. Kenneth has implemented solutions using several IBM System i management tools including, BRMS/400 (Backup Recovery), IJS/400 (Job Scheduling) and is a big fan of iSeries Navigator.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Ken Graap
- Consolidation across multiple LPARs using BRMS
- Options other than RCLSTG to enable file journaling?
- Omitting processes during a save while active backup?
- Good strategies for iSeries backup
- How to migrate old *ALLUSR data using BRMS to V6R1
- Parallel backups using save option 21
- How to save HMC critical data through the console
- Will overloaded discs impact iSeries performance?
- Recovering from DST QSECOFR password disablement on V5R4
- Perform a full system backup without user profile QSECOFR
- Authority restrictions on the AUTL on backup/test systems and AUTL on live system
- Faster backup method for System i
- Solve problems concerning the ALLOW OBJECT DIFFERENCES parameter when restoring a library
- How to clear expired BRMS created *SAVF files from System i
- System i backup not advised using network NETBACKUP
- Restore a full system backup from the production partition to the test partition
- Enrolling a user profile in the i5/OS system distribution directory
- How to resolve a CPI93B8 error message: LIC problem data has been logged for #MSTRTNS
- Remove a media with a *PERM expiration date from the inventory
- Booting iSeries from internal or external sources