* Create a directory on the iseries (ie md /mqinstall)
* Give user public read authorities to this directory.
* Configure the directory to be shared (This can be done be using iSeries Navigator or API, you can learn your options in here.
* Copy the image of the MQ installation from the installation disk to directory mqinstall.
* Now every PC can see this directory( myhost and fromthere mqinstall) and run the installation.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC
Visit the ITKnowledge Exchange and get answers to your connectivity questions fast.
The Best Web Links: Tips, tutorials and more.
PC/Windows connectivity expert Shahar Mor is available to answer your toughest networking questions. Ask Shahar a question or read his previously answered questions here.
Dig Deeper on Server Installation
Related Q&A from Shahar Mor
Use work station customize object or printer type in iSeries Access to print the output of an RPG file from the AS/400 to an HP printer.continue reading
Use the the iSeries QSYSOPR message to look for any errors in passwords when running a program on the iSeries that transfers data to a spreadsheet on...continue reading
Connecting the iSeries in AS/400, issue STRHOSTSVR *ALL. Make sure the as-signon port is in listen state and check the firewall settings.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.