You will need to configure your DNS server to accept automatic updates. DNS indicates that a zone is dynamic when objects are defined in the allow-update statement. To configure the allow-update option, follow these steps:
1. In iSeries Navigator, expand your iSeries server –> Network –> servers –> DNS.
2. In the right pane, right-click your DNS server and select Configuration.
3. In the DNS Configuration window, expand Forward Lookup Zone or Reverse Lookup Zone.
4. Right-click the primary zone you want to edit and select Properties.
5. In the Primary Zone Properties page, click the Options tab.
6. On the Options page, expand Access Control –> allow-update.
7. DNS uses an address match list to verify authorized updates. To add an object to the address match list, select an address match list element type and click Add... You can add an IP Address, IP Prefix, Access Control List, or Key.
8. When you have finished updating the address match list, click OK to close the Options page.
You can find this and more information here.
================================== MORE INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC ==================================
The Best Web Links: tips, tutorials and more.
Ask your OS/400 questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live OS/400 discussion forums.
Ask the Experts yourself: Our OS/400 gurus are waiting to answer your questions.
Check out this Search400.com Featured Topic: Top 10 expert tips for OS/400
This was first published in April 2004