Your current solution is the following,
- Spool sent to output queue
- Output queue is connected to emulation printer session.
- The printer session is defined to use generic text driver.
- When the spool arrives the generic text driver ask for the file name.
- Download SPL2STMF (freeware) and install it.
- After the report is completed copy the spool to a directory in the IFS (So you can set the required name for the file).
- The report is now available to the PC user (Although it is on the iSeries).
This was first published in September 2008